Converting to Xero (Online Xero Course)
Learn all about how to convert to Xero from world-class specialist Xero trainer, Angela Sibly.
Course Type Short Course
Qualification Certificate of Achievement
Level Advanced Level
Payment Options Upfront & Payment Plans
Delivery Online & Distance Education
In this expert level Xero course, you will learn how to convert to Xero not matter what accounting system your client is moving from.
When you are looking at converting your clients to Xero you need to consider what the client wants to see in their new Xero file. Do they want to be able to review the transactional history, are they happy with just starting afresh with the Opening Balances, or would they like to be able to run comparative reports for previous months so they can review how they are doing as they move forward?
If they decide they want to be able to compare their progress then you have a couple of options – either import the historical transactions (manually or using a conversion partner), or recreate the figures in the financial statements by posting a movement journal at the end of each month.
This session aims to provide guidelines as to the preparation and process involved in setting up a new Xero file and bringing in the monthly comparative data using the Movement Journal method.
We will be looking at:
- How do you get the info you need?
- What are the bare essentials you will need to get started?
- What is the process – step by step?
- What do you need to do next?
You will learn how to:
- Identify the information required to create your own Scope or Pre-conversion Checklist
- Set up the Xero file with conversion balances as at the conversion date
- Explain the impact of transactions entered prior to the conversion date
- Prepare and import movement journals for data between the conversion date and the “go live” date (ie, the date your client wants to start entering their transactions in Xero
- Create your own Conversion Process Checklist, based on the steps shown
Efficient Invoicing, Quotes, Deposits & Payment Services | Managing Bills, Batch Payments, Remittances & Files | Bank Reconciliation, Fixing Errors & the Statement Balance | Converting to Xero | Importing to Xero | Practical Payroll| BAS/IAS and GST Reconciliation | Multi-currency & Foreign Transactions | Training Your Staff & Clients | Managing Your Bookkeeping Practice using Xero | How to Provide Value-Added Services Practically | Keeping Up Your Knowledge & Upskilling | How to Review a Xero File | Xero Inventory Fundamentals | Customising Xero Templates | How to Review a MYOB File Before Converting to Xero | Become an Expert Bookkeeper using Xero (Full Course)